- About NCF
- NCF Blogs
- International Media Council
- Introduction to the International Media Awards
- Full List of International Media Awards winners, 2005-2013
- Photos from the 2013 Media Awards Dinner
- The International Media Awards 2013: Nominations Shortlist
- Media Credibility Index
- NCF People
- Secretary General
- Board (Emeritus)
- Senior members
- NCF Team
- Social Justice and The NCF
The fourth International Media Awards were held at The Oxford and Cambridge Club, Pall Mall, on Wednesday 7th May 2008.
Journalists and editors from the Arab World, Israel and the UK were presented with awards in London for producing consistently balanced reporting on the Middle East.
The award ceremony was hosted by Lord Stone of Blackheath and Ms Dalia Salaam, and was attended by diplomats and senior figures from British and Middle Eastern media.
In addition to the establishes Lifetime Achievement, Peace Through Media and Cutting Edge awards, 2008 also saw the introduction of the Breakaway Award, which is intended to encourage the emergence of new talent in resposible coverage of the Middle East.
· Roula Khalaf, The Financial Times. In recognition of her high standards of reporting and the quality of her news analysis. Each winner was presented with an olive tree by Ms Annie Henshaw, Director of Olives Et Al.
Lifetime Achievement Award
Special Award of £1,000 for an outstanding contribution to broadcasting
· Damien Charton, France 24, for reporting during fighting in Gaza in 2007. Prize presented by William Morris, Secretary General The Next Century Foundation.
· Zeina Fayadh, Program editor and Presenter, ANB Satellite Television. Prize presented by Mrs Ibtisam Auchi
Cutting Edge Award
· Robert Tait, Iran Correspondent, The Observer. Prize presented by David Gardner, Financial Times.
· Mina al Oraibi, Sharq al Awsat. Prize presented by Mrs Ibtisam Auchi.
· Wijdan Mahdi Ali Alsalih, columnist in Friendship magazine; freelance journalist based in Basrah. Prize presented by William Morris, Next Century FoundationTwo presentation of two awards was postponed until next year. The intended recipients were prevented from leaving the war zones on which they report:
· Mr Sami Abdul Shafi, Gaza Correspondent, The Independent and The Guardian.
· Saif Al-Khayat, Correspondent, Elaph, Baghdad.
Photographs of the 2008 International Media Awards are available by request direct to email@example.com